Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Penny's Santa Hat

Okay, I know Christmas is over, but I've been wanting to have this Christmas hat I saw Penny wear on Big Bang Theory.  It's awesome.  I wasn't able to find it to buy anywhere ... so I decided to knit it.  I found the pattern on the 'net and chose the yarn a couple weeks ago.  I had to wait a bit for the yarn to arrive and actually finished two projects before starting on this hat last night.

I posted the pattern on Ravelry and merged with the author's later.  Thanks again for sharing.  My version should be done in a couple days (I hope).  Then, I'm sure I'll pack it right away for next year.

I've already modified the pattern for my project on Ravelry.  I didn't like the way the first row of red wasn't more seamless so I decided to k the first row of red and begin the main pattern after wards.  I figure one row of k would make it look more smooth transitioning from the white to the red anyway.  We'll see, but I'm sure it'll be kewl.

I'm thinking about adding one more dpn to the mix ... it's getting quite crowded on only three as the author suggests.  Maybe even switching to a circular.

No comments:

Post a Comment