The seeds on top of Chia Madagascar Marty's mane will just not grow! I've sprinkled water on it at first, but it would just dry out too fast. Then, I tried placing a soaking wet paper towel on it just to later find it dried and stuck fast to the pottery - rinse and repeat. I did manage to see very small sprouts there, but couldn't keep them moist enough. I'll keep trying - no promises :-)
Hopefully, larger leaves will start happening. The stems look a bit longer than the advertisement picture. Also, the sprouts are wiggly ... this is probably due to me turning the pottery towards the sunlight each day.
I had all intentions of doing this daily; however, that just didn't happen. Some days, my Droid wasn't charged enough to take the picture ... I used Scott's Droid those days. I would have sworn I took pictures everyday, but I can't find yesterday's on either my Droid or Scott's.
Day 11 ~ February 2, 2010 (Groundhog Day)
Day 12 ~ February 3, 2010
Day 13 ~ February 4, 2010
Day 15 ~ February 6, 2010