Saturday, February 6, 2010

Chia Madagascar Marty :: Days 11, 12, 13, 15

The seeds on top of Chia Madagascar Marty's mane will just not grow!  I've sprinkled water on it at first, but it would just dry out too fast.  Then, I tried placing a soaking wet paper towel on it just to later find it dried and stuck fast to the pottery - rinse and repeat.  I did manage to see very small sprouts there, but couldn't keep them moist enough.  I'll keep trying - no promises :-) 

Hopefully, larger leaves will start happening.  The stems look a bit longer than the advertisement picture.  Also, the sprouts are wiggly ... this is probably due to me turning the pottery towards the sunlight each day.  

I had all intentions of doing this daily; however, that just didn't happen.  Some days, my Droid wasn't charged enough to take the picture ... I used Scott's Droid those days. I would have sworn I took pictures everyday, but I can't find yesterday's on either my Droid or Scott's.

Day 11 ~ February 2, 2010 (Groundhog Day)
 
  
 

Day 12 ~ February 3, 2010
 
  
  

Day 13 ~ February 4, 2010
  
  
 

Day 15 ~ February 6, 2010

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment